Rainout InformationUpdated Tuesday December 22, 2015 by NFWB.
RAIN OUT PHONE NUMBER
AND NFWB INFORMATION HOTLINE
Once league games begin please keep this number handy. If games have to be canceled due to weather, it will be posted ONE HOUR PRIOR TO GAME TIME on a pop-up notice on this website and our hotline number will be updated appropriately. Please open your pop-up controls on your computer to this web site.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE NFWB OFFICE NUMBER
it will not have weather information.
THE FOLLOWING IS DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE NFWB WEATHER POLICY
1) Decision on games will be posted on the web site daily by 5:00PM. There is a pop-up which appears when the web site home page is opened. It will say "all games are on" or " it will say "all games are called due to rain. If the web notice says games are on, please go to the fields no matter what. The umpire will make the call at that point if bad weather moves in quickly.
NFWB also has a hotline number. This hotline information is updated daily by 5:00PM. Please be sure to keep this number handy 248-788-6392. DO NOT CALL THE NFWB OFFICE NUMBER IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR WEATHER INFORMATION!!!
2) If one game is called due to bad weather, ALL games are called at both Farmington Hills and West Bloomfield fields. Many times, it is the city field supervisors who call off games due to bad field conditions.
3) Once games are started, it will be the umpire's responsibility to call a game if bad weather moves in quickly. One umpire calls all games at the site of multiple fields. Again, if one game is called, all will be called at that location.
4) Move off the fields and take cover at any sight of lightening or hearing any Thunder. Wait 30 minutes past the last sighting of lightening to resume a game in progress.
5) Make-up game policy: The league will attempt to reschedule any games that have been rained out or postponed - subject to the availability of fields and umpires, and any other limitations that may exist relative to the league schedule.